- Teacher Profile
Dr. Muhammad Shafiq completed his PhD in Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering from Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand. Before joining University of the Punjab, he served UET Taxila as an Assistant Professor. Dr. Shafiq also worked as Erasmus Mundus Postdoctoral research fellow at University of Sannio, Italy. His areas of research interests include Operations Research (OR), Operations Management (OM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Production and Operations Management (POM), Logistics Management (LM), Optimization, Healthcare Systems (HS), Telemedicine, Ergonomics, Project management (PM), Engineering management (EM), and Data Science (DS).
- Engineering Optimization Techniques
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Research
- Engineering Economics
- Industrial Engineering Principles and Practices
- Engineering Management
- Operations of Manufacturing Systems
- Engineering Optimization Techniques
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
- Ali, M.R.; Shafiq*, M.; Andejany, M. Determinants of Consumers’ Intentions towards the Purchase of Energy Efficient Appliances in Pakistan: An Extended Model of the Theory of Planned Behavior. Sustainability 2021, 13, 565. https://doi.org/10.3390/ su13020565
- Kamal, S. A., Shafiq*, M., Kakria, P. (2020). Investigating acceptance of telemedicine services through an extended Technology Acceptance Model. Technology in Society, 60, 101212 (IF 1.670)
- Waqas, M., Shafiq*, M., Rashid, Z., Islam, M.A., & Ali, A. (2020). Optimizing Throughput, WIP and Cycle Time: A Case Study of Utensils Manufacturing Shop Floor. Journal of Engineering Research, 8(1), 170-188 (IF 0.303)
- Ahmad, H., Tariq, A., Shehzad, A., Faheem, M.S., Shafiq, M., Rashid, I.A., Afzal, A., Munir, A., Riaz, M.T., Haider, H.T., Afzal, A., Qadir, M.B., Khaliq, Z. (2019). Stealth technology: Methods and composite materials—A review. Polymer Composites, 40, 4457-4472. (IF 2.268)
- Shafiq*, M., & Savino, M. M. (2019). Supply chain coordination to optimize manufacturer's capacity procurement decisions through a new commitment-based model with penalty and revenue-sharing. International Journal of Production Economics, 208, 512-528. (IF 4.998)
- Shahzad, A., Rasheed, A., Khaliq, Z., Qadir, M.B., Khan, M.Q., Hamdani, S.T.A., Ali, Z., Afzal, A., Irfan, M., Shafiq, M. & Kim, I.S. (2019). Processing of metallic fiber hybrid spun yarns for better electrical conductivity. Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 34, 1008-1015. (IF 3.350)
- Zhao, M., Luong, H. T., & Shafiq*, M. (2019). Coordination of a multi-echelon supply chain using spanning revenue sharing contract. International Journal of Industrial Engineering, 26(6), 915-933. (IF 0.532)
- Shehzadi, S., Wasim, A., Hussain, S., Shafiq, M., & Jahanzaib, M. (2018). Implementation Framework of ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System in Higher Educational Institutes (HEIs) Cafes of Pakistan. The Nucleus, 55(4), 200-218.
- Akhtar, M. U., Raza, M. H., & Shafiq*, M. (2019). Role of batch size in scheduling optimization of flexible manufacturing system using genetic algorithm. Journal of Industrial Engineering International, 15(1), 135-146.
- Nisar, S., Dastgeer, G., Shafiq*, M., & Usman, M. (2019). Qualitative and semi-quantitative analysis of health-care pharmaceutical products using laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy. Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis, 9(1), 20-24. (IF 4.440)
- Nisar, S., & Shafiq*, M. (2019). Framework for Efficient Utilisation of Social Media in Pakistan's Healthcare Sector. Technology in Society, 56, 31-43. (IF 1.670)
- Savino, M. M., & Shafiq, M. (2018). An extensive study to assess the sustainability drivers of production performances using a resource-based view and contingency analysis. Journal of Cleaner Production, 204, 744-752. (IF 6.395)
- Kamal, S. A., Hussain, S., Shafiq, M., & Jahanzaib, M. (2018). Investigating the Adoption of Telemedicine Services: An Empirical Study of Factors Influencing Physicians’ Perspective in Pakistan. The Nucleus, 55(3), 153-163.
- Siddique, P. J., Luong, H. T., & Shafiq, M. (2018). An optimal joint maintenance and spare parts inventory model. International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, 29(2), 177-192.
- Shafiq*, M., & Luong, H. T. (2017). JOINT REPLENISHMENT AND JOINT DELIVERY OF MULTIPLE ITEMS. International Journal of Industrial Engineering, 24(1), 60-80. (IF 0.532)
- Shafiq*, M., & Luong, H. T. (2017). Production allocation decision using revenue sharing contract with prior commitments and two-way penalties. International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, 26(2), 247-274.
- Kamal, A., Fakhar, A., Nisar, S., & Shafiq*, M. (2017). Unit Commitment and Generation Scheduling of a Thermal Power Plant Using Economic Load Dispatch. International Electrical Engineering Journal, 8(1), 2464-2478.
- Fakhar, A., Sarfraz, H., Shafiq, M., & Rizwan, A. (accepted). The psychology of Emotional intelligence and its impact on academic performance of engineering students: An Exploratory Study. The Nucleus.
- Rehman, A., Ramzan, M., Shafiq, M., Rasheed, A., Naeem, M. & Savino, M. (2019). Productivity Improvement through Time Study Approach: A Case Study from an Apparel Manufacturing Industry of Pakistan. Procedia Manufacturing, (39), 1447-1454.
- Usman, M., Shafiq*, M., Savino, M., Rashid, Z., Yehya, M.I., Naqvi, A.A., Iqbal, S. and Menanno, M., (2019). Investigating the Role of QMS implementation on customers’ satisfaction: A Case Study of SMEs. IFAC-PapersOnLine, 52(13), 2032-2037.
- Rashid, Z., Shafiq*, M., Islam, M., Menanno, M., Iqbal, N., Khan, H., & Ragno, P. (2019). Assessment of Isometric Pulls Strength of Industrial Cart Pullers -An Electromyography Study from an Apparel Manufacturing Industry. Procedia Manufacturing, (39), 1438-1446.
- Khalid, T., Shafiq*, M., Abdulrehman, M., Ali, A., & Menanno, M. (2018, December). Asset management with Internet of Things: A case study within an automatic fuel management and remote monitoring system. 12th International Conference on Software, Knowledge, Information Management & Applications (SKIMA) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Hafeez, F., Shafiq*, M., Sarfraz, H., Hoa, N. T., Menanno, M., Savino, M. M. (2018). Mixed Model Assembly Line Design in a Lean implemented Manufacturing Industry. XXII Summer School “Francesco Turco” – Industrial Systems Engineering, Palermo, Italy.
- Fahad M., Shafiq*, M., Savino, M.M., Khalid, T., Menanno, M., Fahad, A. (2018). Route selection for economic reverse logistics and sustainability: A case study of electronics scrap. International Conference on Advances in Production Management Systems, Seoul, Korea.
- Sriwana, I.K., Menanno, M., Arkeman, Y., Marimin, Shafiq, M., Islam, M. A. (2018). Supply improvement of cacao agro-industry using an Interpretive Structural Modelling (ISM): a case study of cacao supply from Indonesia. XXII Summer School “Francesco Turco” – Industrial Systems Engineering, Palermo, Italy.
- Shafiq*, M., Nisar, W. B., Savino, M. M., Rashid, Z., Ahmad, Z. (2018). Monitoring and controlling of unaccounted for gas (UFG) in distribution networks: A case study of Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited Pakistan. 16th IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing, Bergamo, Italy.
- Hoa, N.T.X. Shafiq, M. (2017). improve the performance of supply chain by quantity flexibility contract: feasibility coordination. International Conference on Emerging Challenges (ICECH2017), Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Rashid, Z. Shafiq, M., Cocca, P., Marciano, F., Ayesha, T. (2017). Hand-Arm Vibration, grip strength and prevalence of health disorders among stone crushing workers. 8th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (AHFE 2017), California, USA.
- Ayesha, T., Shafiq*, M., Hoa, N. T. X., Rashid, Z. (2016). Production allocation using capacity allocation and revenue sharing contract. International Conference on Emerging Challenges (ICECH2016), Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Multi Objective Sequencing of Parts in Mixed Model Assembly Line
- Health Care Facility Location for Multitier Service
- Development of Framework for Electricity Demand Side Management in Pakistan
- Closed Loop Supply Chain Network Optimization Under Uncertain Demand and Return
- Optimization of Unaccounted for Gas (UFG) in Sui Northen Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL)
- Exploring Leadership Styles and Managerial Competencies of Project Managers
- Optimal Departure Scheduling of Metrobus Transport System
- Cloud Based Closed Loop Supply Chain System
- Head departmental CQI Committee
- Program Manager for MSIEM
- Guest Editor for special Issue on: "Product Development Process Management" in the International Journal of Product Development (IJPD)
- Track Chair: “Industrial Logistics with a Focus on Industry 4.0 and Human Factors” in International Conference on Production Research (ICPR 2019), Chicago, USA
- Member Board of Studies
- Member Board of Faculty
- Member Departmental Doctoral Program Coordination Committee
- Member Curriculum Review Committee